Ever wonder what to make for your kids’ lunches that are not only nutritious, but filling as well. Here are a few options we have broken out to help you easily prepare your kids lunches and speed up the process.
Combine a variety of the following items to make sure each are getting enough fiber, fat, and protein to help sustain their energy levels throughout the school day.
- Veggies such as baby carrots, celery, cucumber, bell pepper, mini sweet bell peppers, cherry tomatoes
- Fruits such as apple slices, grapes, oranges, berries, peaches, pineapple, cantaloupe, and watermelon
- Dried fruits like raisins (be sure to check for sugar or unwanted preservatives)
- Nuts or Seeds if not allergic
- Dips such as hummus, guacamole, or Justin’s Almond Butter in individual snack packs to pair with veggie sticks, apples, almond or gluten free crackers, and Siete Cassava Chips
- Apple sauce pouches (we love GoGo squeeze or North Coast brands)
- Paleo Granola (you can find Cleverly Gran Free granola at HEB in different flavors! Adults love these, too!)
- Make your own granola with coconut flakes, nuts, seeds, dried fruits, and Enjoy Life Chocolate chips
- Stretch Island Fruit Strips (our favorite flavor is Strawberry!)
- Plantain or Cassava Chips if you are craving something crunchy. Both can be found on Amazon or at various grocery stores. Jackson’s Honest sweet potato chips are delicious as well!
- Bubba’s Grain Free Snack Mixes from our local health and wellness store, Monarch.
- Non-GMO air-popped Popcorn
- Pressed by Kindbar or Perfect Bar for Kids. Perfect Bar has to be refrigerated, so be sure to put a cold pack in with the lunch. Peanut Butter or Chocolate Chip is our go-to.
- Rx Bars or Primal Kitchen bars found at Costco are great go-to’s for extra protein.
- Grassfed organic cheese if dairy is tolerated
- Simple Mills Almond Flour Crackers or Cookies are a delicious substitute to regular crackers and cookies.
- Simple Mills also has some delicious muffin mixes you can bake to add more protein into a lunch. We love the Banana Bread Muffin Mix and add Collagen Peptides with Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips or the Pumpkin Bread Muffin Mix with the same!
- Organic turkey breast slices rolled by itself or with hummus. Applegate Oven Roasted Turkey Deli Slices are our favorite!
- Lettuce wrap with turkey and avocado slice
- Applegate Chicken Tenders or Nuggets with a dipping sauce of your choice. We love Tessemae’s dressings as dipping sauces!
- Gluten Free Pretzels. You can find our favorite brand at HEB! Look for SNYDERS in the Gluten Free aisle.
- Lance Gluten Free Peanut Butter crackers. Also located in the Gluten Free aisle at HEB.
- Hu Kitchen Chocolate covered Almonds or Cashews for an extra sweet treat without the guilt!
We hope this helps you the next time you are packing those school lunches! Have questions? Comment below or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we are happy to help in any way we can!
Happy lunch packing!